Nº 1953 is one part from a diptych of watches (to sit with Emmeline). Elegant, sophisticated and considered classic men’s watches.
- Head dimensions: 37.5mm width x 43mm length x 12.5mm depth.
- Citizen 9015 automatic calibre / Swiss-made Ronda 513S quartz movement.
- Limited to only 125, 100, 25 and 1 watch(es) depending on colour.
- Serial numbered watch back, screen print & book.
- Grade 316L stainless steel.
- Custom numbered enamel screw down back.
- Signature red crown with embossed WT Author trademark.
- Sapphire crystal lens.
- Milanese band and / or handmade Italian leather strap fitted with stainless steel buckle.
- Recyclable packaging with exclusive artwork.
- 2-year limited product warranty.
- Built in Britain with British or imported parts.
- One time manufacture. Once it’s gone it’s gone.
Our limited edition classic men’s watches are available with the sixth chapter of WT Author’s book and comes accompanied by a signed limited edition print with corresponding number.
Launched Thursday, 13 September 2018 at Blenheim Palace, Nº 1953 by WT Author is currently available for general sale through our store from £350.
Launched Thursday, 13 September 2018. Nº 1953 classic men’s watches are set thirteen years after WT Author’s fifth collection. It marks the coronation of Elizabeth II on 2 June 1953 at Westminster Abbey, London. Our signature silhouette adopts a sophisticated aesthetic by referencing dress watches from the time. Each watch is finished beautifully with a refined 20mm handmade leather strap. Or choose a silver-tone stainless steel Milanese bracelet instead.
Utilising a combination of matt and highly-polished surfaces. The classic men’s watches measure 37.5mm across, 43mm high including the lugs with an overall case depth of 12.5 mm. The dials utilise applied faceted indices taking influence directly from those of the 1950’s and are enhanced with Author’s unique shape. Each finished product utilises a bespoke dial design that brings a subtle knurled textures, combined with traditionally formed custom-made hands. The classic watches for men have been modernised with a bespoke “casino chip” enamel screw down back, and signature red aluminium crown embossed with our brand’s iconic trademark.
Each Nº 1953 Milanese bracelet is constructed from fine-knit stainless steel therefore harking back to 1950’s mesh jewellery. It is stamped from sheet metal and stitched together. This makes it a far more economical process than that of traditional bracelets. It represents a dressier alternative to our raw leather straps
Each Nº 1953 leather watch strap has been handmade in Britain using vegetable tanned dyed through shoulder. The rich colour which is treated with waxes and oils offers a distressed effect which lightens in colour when folded or turned. The natural grain is left intact to show all the growth marks and unique character therefore giving a distinctive antique look with this mellow feeling skin. The strap has been designed and manufactured to fit a 20mm lug width with an overall thickness of 3mm and is embossed with the WT Author ‘A’ trademark. Each strap is completed with a polished stainless steel buckle and finished with rounded, burnished strap edges.